Sunday, March 6, 2022

Equipment PP#10

 So it is, my tenth blog post for this short. It is with contempt that I'll tell you, my dear reader, that this post will not have any mega inspiration moment, with long paragraphs about our thoughts and ideas. But equipment is, at the end of the day, what makes a film, and damn it can be fun. Here is a breakdown of what we will be using, and where we are getting it from. 

GVM Light Kits 


These light kits are very trustworthy. They come in a kit of three: a key light, a back light, and a fill light. These lights have different temperatures and these temperatures can be lowered. They also have tripods and "horse blinders".  The lights we have at the television program at my school, which I have the privilege of using since I am part of the club, do not come included with batteries, only plugs. Considering the inconsistencies in our setting, and the general pain that finding outlets is, I will be getting the kit from BEACON, a local television production network that focuses on student television. They allow students to rent their equipment, and I have had many good experiences doing so. I will be borrowing the lights from them since their lights come with batteries and that makes them more versatile. 


SONY A73


This camera is AWESOME. I have used this camera for my bigger projects, and it is amazing how at the mere touch of the focus ring the image looks perfect. This camera has transformed my videos from videos to films. The ISO in this camera does not make the shot grainy at all, to the point where, if you need high key lighting, you can jus raise the ISO. It is awesome and I love it. There are some issues though. I am not fluid in it. I would have to have someone teach me how to use it well, which is not an issue. I would get this camera from BEACON, as they do not have it at my school. 

CANON 90-D
    
The Canon 90D has been a trusty camera. I would use this camera as a backup for the Sony just incase we have any issues with it

Some equipment we are getting but do not have specific opinions on-
Lenses- we do not know much about them, just that we need a 50 mil. 
Tripod
Boom 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components