Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sets. PP#13


This is what I've thought of for our fully white set. 

 Luckily for us, the set is not very complex, not at all actually, considering it is a white room. However, this poses a bigger problem. It is much harder to get a specific setting rather than just "a bedroom" or "a dark alley", and even more a white room. We can move things around and put up posters, but it would be unrealistic for us to get just a plain white room. This is what we have thought of. 

First of all, Kai thought of putting up poster board around a room, so we can have fake walls. However, there are issues with this, as it would be expensive, hard to work with, and would probably look bad. It would also limit our shots since we need wide angles and we can only afford so many posters. However this is still a standing option. 

Second option would be to contact one of my very clean friends with clean houses. My friend Kim's living room is very white and very easy to empty. We have filmed there before and she had it cleared within minutes. However, she is also working on her media project and other things, and it would fully include her in the project and I do not want to do that to her. 

Third option would be to change the script, which I don't hate. I think it would be equally meaningful and aesthetically pleasing to make it in an empty field. We can get lighting there and all of our equipment. I would have to restructure the script a bit but I'm not upset about this idea.

The short amount of films I've made have taught me that with imagination and camera editing, any room can turn into a whole new world, a whole new decade, so I'm not anxious. I'm actually very excited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components