Friday, March 31, 2023

The Power Of Friendship :)

 Hey blog, 

Let's talk SCRIPTS!!!! My favorite part. 

I spent a lot of time dwelling on the thought of having to write this piece. It was so overwhelming, since this is my first time ever truly writing something that takes place in more than one day, and where something like the rise to fame, has to be established, and I had to do it in the least amount of scenes possible.

We started by planning the outline to our film, and thinking of concise ways of giving exposition, and showing development, without it feeling rushed. 

I showed in my previous blog, that outline. It took a bit for me to begin the actual script. Since I commonly write scripts, and I am considered the person who can whip out a script out of anything, but this time it was a lot harder- it wasn't coming to me the way other films do. I normally write much shorter sequences, and this taught me how to approach a larger idea, with more layers. I decided, I'm in a group. I don't need to write this on my own- I can ask for help. 

So, on a lovely evening Clara and I made some coffee and got comfortable, and began. I held the keyboard, since I know the formating, and Clara helped me go over what I wrote, and the order of events. It was very refreshing being able to bounce ideas of Clara. Additionally she kept me so focused, because since we were talking the whole time, I was having fun!

Anyway, we wrote the first act, and eventually I wrote everything until the last conversation between Diego and Ericka, because I wanted to act out the scene with Clara, to really get the tone of the conversation right. By the way, I wrote the second act in a plane ride with Clara- here are some pictures:





Anyway, since we were in a plane, we did not practice the dialogue, so I still had to write that. 

On a random spring break day, I had made too much pasta. Luckily, Clara lives two houses away, and she can come really quickly and eat some. And we did, we had lunch it was lovely!

I digress, afterwards, we thought eh, what better time to write than now. 

So we did, we went through the scene, and I wrote it super quickly. After we went thorugh the whole script many times and made many corrections, until... It was done! 

We decided- we needed to print it and annotate it (divide it by scenes, shots, figure out the lighting for each scene, etc.)

So we did- here are some pics (yes we signed it, were extra)






We were doing amazing, so we decided to borrow my brother's I pad, and storyboard. We were doing good, but we hated doing it. We cannot draw. So we thought hey, we're not doing this alone. We have Martina, and she is an artist. Let's bring the whole gang together and have a full pre production day. 

So we did, and Martina's storyboard looked amazing, and it relaxed me a bit, because I actually see how we would separate this into shots. Yay!
 
More pics for you-


Then we decided, let's figure out this monkey situation. We had picked the perfect, funny, yet suitable picture, we just had to make a calendar. So Clara, went on canva and designed it. 

I also took time marking out where we would need graphics, and designing them a bit, so I could tell Andrew, my friend who is a genius at vfx, to make them. I have been working with Andrew for a year, and one time he set a tree on fire for me...literally- 

This was for a film we made at the beginning of the year- anyway,

again I must digress,

We finished planning at Starbucks and picked up the calendar! 



It was a prroductive day, and we got a lot done, 

And in the end, I learned the power of working with people, and letting them help you..The power of friends- ok I'll shut up. Bye blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components