Monday, February 14, 2022

The Beginning of my Portfolio Project. PP#1

 As part of my AICE exam for the course AICE Media Studies, we are required to create a two minute film opening where we demonstrate a clear understanding of camera, shot, editing, audio, color, techniques, as well as a clear comprehension of our chosen genre and representation.


I have been waiting for this project since last year, since I had watched all of my older friends complete theirs. This was before I had ever made any sort of short film, so the concept of making a film opening seemed really interesting. Coming back from my trip to Long Beach to compete in filmmaking, I am even more excited, since I am feeling inspired and confident in my skills, as well as my peers. I hope with this project I can truly develop a character further, or at least set it up for that development. Having only made 2-5 minute films, I never truly had that opportunity, and I seem to take full advantage of it. I am also hoping my opening will build suspense, and will present the audience with confusion, and the yearning to see more. 


I am working with Nicole and Kai. I have never worked with Kai, but so far he seems really smart and creative. I have had my fair share of working with Nicole on films. She was in one of my first shorts called “Toby Has Friends”, which has won us a scholarship. I simply adore working with Nicole, we understand each other very well, and we respect each other. She understands my creative process and only intrudes when she knows I need help. She knows when to leave me alone to my thoughts and my writing, and she knows what I want from a character. 


Here is the film Nicole, a couple other people, and I made, “Toby Has Friends.”


"Toby Has Friends"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components