Thursday, February 23, 2023

Mise en Scene- Set

 Hey blog, 

Let's talk about something very near and dear to my heart. MISCE EN SCENE. 

At the beginning, I had a vision for his room. I envisioned it like a stereotypical lazy teenage boy room, with posters everywhere, and mostly trash. 

My ideal room would be inspired by Sid from Skins. 

Although he does not necessarily represent the character we're portraying, his room perfectly encapsulated a lazy and unkept teen boy.


However, after giving it extra thought, I want to do something very different with the bedroom. I want the walls to be white. And have very few decorations, to show his lack of care for the way he presents himself. I still want it to be messy, but I think a room with long white walls will provide a very cool way of showing the slow progression of the character. 


Almost like he just moved in and has not had the time to put things together, although he has probably been living there his whole life. 
Progressively, I want the room to get filled with monkey paraphernalia( I know I never thought I would ever be typing that either.)
The pictures would serve as a visual representation of the absurdity of our protagonists' situation. It would be funny, but ultimately very dark, and would represent how slowly this is becoming his life, and literally nothing else is on his mind. (Not the sex with the monkey itself, but the idea of effing a monkey. The attention he gets.)

However, an issue arises. 
Last year, I wanted my set to be fully white, a white void. This was not a succesfull idea, I did not have the funds to rent a room, and practically no one has a white room laying around. 
So I think our safest bet is to use Martina's brother's room. It is not perfectly white, but it is empty in a way, and the effect of the emptiness would still be prevalent. 
I do not have any pictures right now but will update this post once I get some. 
I also think I want to see Jack's room, and maybe some other friend's rooms to see if something else arises. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components