Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Group Meetings

 Hey blogs, 

Let's talk about the group meetings we had last week. 

My instructor set up meetings with each other, and other groups, so we could get a fresh perspective on our project. 

I sat down with Wade, Sabrina, and Sasha, and told them about my project. 

They told me about their projects, and I am very excited to see their shorts. 

I also told them about my project, and they actually all enjoyed it. 

Obviously, there was shock at the beginning. Once I got past the monkey stuff, and into the character, they where very interested. 

From what they told me, they really liked how the absurdism and nastiness of it, does not end up being the focus of the film, and the character himself ends up being the more interesting part, and even dark part. 

I was also able to properly break down everything to a group of people who had not heard of this project at all, and it allowed me to look at it with a cleaner head. I broke down the character of Diego, and it helped me become more specific with his personality. Whereas before he was just an incel who wants attention, I truly got into his relationship with women, his outlook on women, the relationship he has with his friends, etc. 

I also helped Sabrina with her project. She had a very vague idea, where she wanted to make a coming of age short, and I helped her actually think of what the characters are, which was very cool. 

I loved the group meetings and I am excited to do them again once we return from spring break!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components