Friday, March 10, 2023

Postcard

Hey blog,

Let's talk about the postcard, 

Our initial idea for the postcard came from Martina, who wanted to make the postcard a close up picture of Diego wearing his glasses, and in the reflection, we see a picture of a monkey.  Sort of like the posters for Leon the Professional. 

I thought this idea was cool at the beginning, when the main idea of the film was the monkey effing. However, now the short has evolved into much more than the monkey stuff, so we have to change that idea to exemplify the social media and mental health aspect of the film. 



This postcard is great. What I like about it, is that if evokes a sense of depression or sadness, and it focuses on what I can assume, is the protagonist, which I want to do since this film is a character study. I love the cold lighting, and I like the way the picture is framed. However, I want to get more fun with our design. 

I think it is time I let you know, my dear blog, that we have landed on a title. 
The title for our film is...
"Circus Monkey"
With that being said, we definitely want to play with the circus aspect in all of our key art elements, including the postcard. 





I really like an idea like this, I do not want the postcard to be just a shot of the film, I love the little collage, and the style of the postcard. 
However, it would be cool to involve some circus aspects, without going too far, so as to not confuse the audience. 







I think if we mixed the circus aspect, with the technological aspect of the film, we can make a very unexpected, yet absurd postcard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components