Sunday, February 26, 2023

Let me tell you about Jack Sussman

 Hey blog,

 Let's talk about Jack,

When Martina was filming another media project, she was paired with Jack Sussman. 

Now, I knew him from before, and I had asked him to be in a project of mine, yet I was very hesitant on having theater actors in my films. Jack does musical theater. 

I thought his potrayal of my character would be too dramatized, and he would not know how to adapt to the closeness of camera acting, the nuances in acting. 

However, I was convinced after watching him act in Martina's project that he was perfect for the role. 

Jack is conventionally attractive, as one would say, which I was not planning on having Diego be. However, after thought, I realized it was perfect. Once again, we are juxtaposing everything in this film. A lot of incels I see online, are not ugly, they are just extremely misogynistic, socially awkward, and especially delusional. 

The truth is, once you leave adolescence, looks have a much smaller impact on one's ability to find love. Sure, a one night stand is one thing, but a relationship goes much beyond that, it extends to a point where looks have almost no play. 

So to have a conventionally attractive actor, play an extremely awkward incel is perfect. Someone so unkept and so disconnected from others and himself, that he thinks his problems stem from his looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components