Friday, February 18, 2022

We're Thinking of Steve. PP#4


We spent all of class today thinking of ideas. Digging back to old ones, looking up prompts to trigger my brain into coming up with something, anything. I was not providing the services I promised. I was not writing. We thought and thought but every time someone would mention an idea: "we can make an intro that surrounds around a politician, and how it affects their inner psyche, and-" 

Ok, awesome. Who is going to play that politician? I sure am not, I have zits on my forehead, and four different hair colors. Whose office are we using? Your dad's? oh yeah, and let me not forget, what do I know about being a politician? I can shamefully say I don't even know what is happening within my state, much less other countries. I'm not even old enough to vote. Oh, and, obviously, I'm not old enough to understand how and why adults do the crap they do. So we scrapped that. 

I was thinking back to the one time my boyfriend told me "Virginia can you write a film about a guy with no face please, I want to do visual effects." I retook this idea. 

STEVE

Int- White Room. Day

A boy of ambiguous age sits in a white room. He looks straight at the camera. He breathes heavily, but looks completely numb, as if he has just woke up from surgery. He knows not what is happening, or where he is, or who he is, but he seems relaxed, in context. His eyes glisten as the bright white of the room reflects off them. He looks in front of him and sees a door. 


Our story would surround around a guy who is in a white room. He gets approached by people, who look very weak, very harmed. All of these people will come up to our protagonist and ask him to find the perpetrator of these actions, a man named Steve. Our protagonist has to talk to many people, and think within himself, where he can find Steve so he can make him pay. At the beginning he does not think Steve is as awful as people assume, but eventually seeing the effect of Steve's actions on people, make him realize that Steve is a bad person, who selfishly harms others without even realizing it. It is not a physical harm, as the characters defects and bruises are just representations of this harm. As our protagonist faces the last door where reading Steve, he opens it, and reads a sign that says "Welcome to Hell Steve, thank you for making this decision for us." It is revealed that our protagonist is Steve, and he was in a purgatory-like state, deciding whether he should go to heaven or hell, by seeing the effects of his own actions through clean eyes. 

We are not sure if this is the story we are sticking with. I want to be able to add a bit more of a horror twist to it, make it more of a thriller, but I also think the story stands on it's own as it is, so we might even consider shifting our genre fully.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components